The articulation agreement between Penn State Lehigh Valley and Northampton Community College (NCC) provides an academic pathway for students who have successfully completed an associate degree program at NCC to transition to a parallel baccalaureate degree program at the Penn State University College campuses, including Penn State Lehigh Valley. Students who have completed their AA or AS transfer degree program will have their application fees waived.
Included Penn State Lehigh Valley Degrees:
- BS in Business (Management and Marketing, Individualized options)
- BA in Corporate Communication (CCCC)
- BS in Information Sciences and Technology (ISSCC)
- BA/BS in Psychology (PYACC/PYSCC)
- BS in Rehabilitation and Human Services (RHSCC)
Degree programs available at other Penn State campuses:
- BA/BS in Administration of Justice
- BS in Business (Account, Management and Marketing, Individualized options)
- BA in Corporate Communication
- BA in English
- BS in Human Development and Family Studies
- BS in Information Sciences and Technology
- BA/BS in Psychology
- BA in Letters, Arts and Sciences
- RN to BS in Nursing
- BS in Rehabilitation and Human Services
- BS in Science
1. It is highly recommended that students meet with a Penn State Lehigh Valley admissions counselor to discuss the course equivalencies students need to take in the program transfer guide corresponding to their degree path. Contact admissions at 610-285-5035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Students must complete an AA or AS transfer degree program, be in good standing, free of probation, and are required to have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Criteria for transfer admission may also include successful completion of specific course requirements. GPAs are recalculated to include all courses and grades, including all repeated courses, from all colleges/universities previously attended.
3. To apply to Penn State submit the Penn State undergraduate admissions application and send official transcripts from high school, Northampton Community College and any other colleges or universities attended to:
Penn State Lehigh Valley Admissions
2809 Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034-8447
Evaluation of transfer credits:
NCC and Penn State University faculty evaluated equivalent courses at both institutions to create specific program-to-program transfer guides. Each transfer guide outlines the specific course equivalencies and approved substitutions for each academic program included in the agreement.
For credits to transfer, students must earn grades of C or higher in each course to be added to their Penn State academic transcript by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Transferability of courses not specified in the guides will be reviewed by the University College on a case-by-case basis.
An admissions counselor can provide you with the guide for programs you may be considering.