Applying for Veterans' Benefits

Applying for Veterans' Benefits

Required Documents

Application for benefits may be completed online at The VA Office will mail a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Award Letter that indicates the months and percentage of entitlement for Chapter 33 Post 9/11, monthly rate of payment for Chapters 30, 35, 1606, and 1607.

Veterans must provide a copy of the COE or Award Letter and National Guard/Reservists must provide DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibiltiy, at the time of application.

Transfer students will need to complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Programs or Place of Training).

Students receiving VA education benefits must provide the Veteran Service Office with a list of registered courses each semester for continuation of payments.