The Penn State Lehigh Valley Advisory Board is a group of alumni, business professionals, and community individuals who serve as community liaisons in support of the Penn State Lehigh Valley campus. Within such a role, these individuals provide input into campus decisions and directions, become the link with area legislators in supporting university initiatives, and serve as the community connection in promoting University programs.
Advisory Board Expectations
- Attend and actively participate in at least four of our six board meetings each year. These meetings take place in September, November, January, March, May, and July of each year.
- Attend Penn State Lehigh Valley sponsored events during the course of the year.
- Serve a three-year term, which can be renewed twice, before rotating off the board for at least one year.
- Actively participate on at least one of the advisory board committees, generate ideas, attend meetings, offer feedback, etc.
- Provide an annual gift to Penn State Lehigh Valley of at least $250. Gifts to University Park and/or restricted funds, such as the Nittany Lion Club, do not count towards this requirement.
- Help to identify and/or solicit other potential donors (individuals, businesses, foundations) that might provide support for Penn State Lehigh Valley students and programs.
- Support Penn State Lehigh Valley students by serving as a resource in helping them to find jobs, internships, and/or by working with faculty and students to facilitate projects and experiences that support educational programs.
- Proudly represent Penn State Lehigh Valley in the community by being knowledgeable about our programs, initiatives, and opportunities to give time, talent, and financial support to the campus.
Current Penn State Lehigh Valley Advisory Board Members
Catherine E. Durso | Attorney, Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.
Winnie DiLeo Melinsky | Community Leader
Howard L. Kulp | President, Howard Kulp Architects, P.C.
Shane McGee | IT Business and Program Manager, Air Products
Tina Q. Richardson, Ph.D. | Chancellor
Christopher Bogden | Sales Engineer, Power & Industrial Air Systems
Terry DeGroot | Managing Principal, Terraform Engineering, LLC
Linda Shay Gardner | Attorney, Gardner Law Office
Bruce Haines | Managing Partner, Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Susan D. Johnson | New Channel Development Manager, Crayola
Steven A. Markowitz | President, Allen Organ Company
Megan Mattern | Controller and Principal Accounting Officer, UGI Utilities, Inc.
Scott Nier | Vice President for Practice Acquisitions, Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
Prasant (Sean) Pandey, M.D. | Cardiologist, The Heart Care Group
Kelly E. Payne | Senior Project Manager for Organizational Effectiveness, Lehigh Valley Health Network
Martha A. Phelps | Community Leader and Retired Business Executive
Allison Poczak | President, Student Government Association
Susan D. Johnson | New Channel Development Manager, Crayola LLC
Yamil Sanchez Rivera, Ed.D. | Executive Director, Promise Neighborhoods
Tom Skeans | Senior Advisor, Sperry Van Ness Imperial Realty
Juan C. Vidal | Managing Director, Offix Systems
Ex-officio Board Members
Tom Dubreuil | Director of Student Services
Roger Egolf, Ph.D. | Associate Professor of Chemistry
Jessie Heimann | Director of University Relations, Advisory Board Liaison
Kristy Hove | Institutional Planner
Helene Miksitz | Director of Business Services
Denise O'Neill, Ph.D. | Director of Enrollment Management
Kenneth Thigpen, Ph.D. | Director of Academic Affairs
Debbie Zuech-Smyrl | Executive Assistant to the Chancellor