Student Vaccination Information and Requirements
For unvaccinated students or students who have not submitted their vaccination records, the following testing process is mandatory.
- Every Thursday you will receive an email from PSU Covid-19 Asymptomatic Testing Program
- The email will provide details on how to order your weekly test. For Penn State Lehigh Valley, the email will have a link to order a test. Tests will be delivered to your home and you will take them while being observed virtually by a staff member from the testing company.
- The test is to be returned in a pre-paid UPS package. You need to drop off the test at UPS drop off center or we will have a box at the main desk on campus where you can drop the completed test.
- The test must be completed by the following Wednesday, giving you seven days to complete it and mail it.
- Failure to complete the test on a weekly basis will result in you going through the student conduct process. After two missed tests your registration for the spring semester will be placed on hold. After three missed tests, you will be subject to interim suspension.
- For those who have been vaccinated and just need to submit their records, go to: https://studentaffairs.psu.edu/health/myuhs
- For students who are fully virtual and who will no be on campus at all this semester, there will be information released soon about being exempt from the testing.
Again, please keep a lookout for the email from PSU Covid-19 Asymptomatic Testing Program. It should be sent around noon on every Thursday.
Penn State announces immediate COVID-19 masking at all campuses
Effective immediately (Aug. 4), Penn State will require all students, faculty, staff and visitors — including those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated — to wear masks indoors at all campuses.
Penn State is strongly encouraging all students, faculty and staff to sign up to get a vaccine as soon as they are eligible to receive one.
Learn more in these helpful links:
The University continues to encourage all members of our Penn State community to vaccinate — and for safety and planning purposes, share your status (using the channels below) — as soon as possible.
The University is currently transitioning our masking and physical distancing requirements to more closely align with changes recently announced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Pennsylvania Department of Health that relax COVID-19 restrictions for fully vaccinated individuals. Below are the highlights for the plan:
Current requirements — all students, regardless of vaccination status, are expected to continue to wear masks and practice physical distancing inside buildings through June 28, the last day of Summer Session I.
After June 28:
- Fully vaccinated individuals at Penn State are no longer required to wear face masks indoors, and the physical distancing and outdoor masking requirements will be lifted for all individuals. The use of face masks will still be required for all people in some settings such as when visiting on-campus health care facilities and when conducting in-person research involving human subjects.
- Unvaccinated students at Penn State must continue to wear masks.
Want to win valuable prizes?
If you’re a vaccinated PSU student or faculty/staff member, share your proof of COVID-19 vaccination and enter to win the prizes below. Drawings will be held weekly between June 7 and August 23, so don’t delay!:
- $1,000 payment
- $100 gift card to Barnes & Noble (four winners per week)
- a football signed by Penn State Football coach James Franklin
How to register vaccine information and enter prize entry:
- To provide proof of vaccination, upload your record through myUHS.
- To be eligible for the incentive program/weekly prize drawing, complete this online form. (Even if you previously submitted your proof of vaccination, you must complete this form to be eligible for the prize drawings.
Complete the following:
- To provide proof of vaccination, visit the SalesForce Health Cloud, a secure online platform for collecting health data.
- After providing proof of vaccination, complete the online form to become eligible for the weekly drawings (starting June 2)!
- A step-by-step guide to help the University’s employees with submission will be available as well via the COVID-19 Vaccination webpage on the Return to Work website. And more information can be found in the most recent story on Penn State News: Penn State to ease masking and distancing measures, offer vaccination incentives.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Submit a new one.
Chat: Start Online Chat with IT Service Desk
Live chat is available 24-7 for authenticated students, faculty, and staff.
Phone: 814-865-HELP (4357)
Email: [email protected]
Please follow our Penn State Lehigh Valley social media pages for regular updates and information!
Additional campus-specific questions related to COVID-19 can be directed to [email protected].