Involvement in activities is an important step toward reaching and enhancing students educational goals. At Penn State Lehigh Valley, our goal is to foster interpersonal and leadership skill development for your campus and career success.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Below is a list of campus clubs and organizations. We encourage you to learn more and get involved!
- Adult Learner’s Club - Provides an interactive setting for adult learners to meet peers and mentors at Penn State Lehigh Valley. Members participate in a wide range of campus community programs and events throughout the academic year. Topics include educational, financial, or career information.
- Arts and Arts Administration Club - Provides a forum for students that are interested in exploring arts-related opportunities both on and off campus.
- Blue and White Society (BWS) - Provides opportunities for Penn Staters to support the Penn State Alumni Association’s mission; to support past, current, and future students and alumni of the University; Supports campus communities with Penn State pride and leadership; Enhances the student experience by building relationships and connections with alumni; and instills the concept that student involvement with the University can be and should be a lifelong commitment.
- Black Student Union (BSU) - This club was started to create a safe space for black students to meet and speak to people with similar experiences. Club members also help with education and awareness on campus.
- Business Society - Serves as a conduit through which members can access relevant business resources by networking with prominent community entrepreneurs. The society strives to enhance students’ personal career profiles.
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) - Enhances the Penn State Lehigh Valley student experience through planning and promoting a wide range of on-campus programs. The board is responsive to student interest with a primary goal of creating a dynamic and fun campus social environment.
- Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF) - The fellowship works on learning, sharing, and reflecting their Christian faith. Members meet for weekly bible study and collaborate with other clubs for educational and awareness programs and community service.
- Car Club - Gives those who express a love for cars a way to connect and network with other students. They host annual car shows and travel to local events.
- Communication Society - Empowers the members to cultivate more meaningful and effective communication skills, practices, and beliefs. Members collaborate to develop ethical communication practices; nurture applied learning skills; encourage diversity; provide service to our campus, university, the communication field and the public; and foster intellectual and professional growth in human communication, culture, and media.
- Community Heroes - Serves and gives back to the surrounding Lehigh Valley community through a variety of service projects while building relationships and connections.
- Cricket Club - Unites people with different backgrounds and cultures through sportsmanship, leadership, discipline, and hard work by playing cricket. The club creates a chance for its members to learn, practice, and play the second most popular sport in the world with their peers.
- Esports Club - Allows members who share a common interest in video games to join. The club wants to share this interest with fellow students through events, gatherings, and competitions on and off campus.
- Global Student Organization (GSO) - GSO’s mission is to bring together students of all backgrounds to promote diversity and personal development; to spread awareness of cultural differences in both our campus and the university, and learn together what it means to be a global citizen. A global citizen values international connections and cultural differences. Students of all backgrounds and ages are encouraged to join the club to share their thoughts and experiences and become a global citizen.
- Health and Human Services Society (HHSS) - Helps students gain an understanding and appreciation for the various health care fields through volunteering services, educational trips, and guest speakers.
- Health Policy and Administration (HPA) - Society strives to influence the Penn State Lehigh Valley student body through health focused research; doing volunteer work and hosting informational events.
- HOLA: Hispanic Organization and Latino Association - Encourages students of Hispanic and Latino backgrounds to join together for support and celebration. Holds meetings to discuss relevant issues and identifies ways to educate the campus community on Hispanic and Latino cultures while promoting inclusion
- Honors Society - Enriches collegiate life both on and off campus. Connects academic minded students with one another as well as providing members with an opportunity to achieve academic success, travel opportunity, leadership experience and civil engagement.
- Lambda Pi Eta - Lambda Pi Eta is one of the 400 chapters around the country that honors scholastic achievement in the communication discipline and encourages networking and community relations among members.Lion Ambassadors (LA) - Strives to share positive Penn State experiences and promote the campus to prospective students, parents, alumni, and other campus visitors. They play a vital role in the admissions process. Their main goal is to exhibit Penn State Pride and make people as excited about the University as we are. Aside from working with the Admissions department on campus, they also organize several social events and fundraisers throughout the year to enhance student experience on campus.
- Muslim Student Association (MSA) - The group was formed to create an open environment where students can come together and reflect upon their religious and personal views. Programs are planned to enhance open dialogue on campus including interfaith sharing.
- Pride Group - Students meet bi-weekly to discuss a variety of topics important to members of the LGBTQA+ community. Members assist with on campus awareness and advocacy programs.
- Psychology Club - Inspires and encourages to build a greater understanding of the field of psychology and its relevance in all aspects of life. The club provides opportunities to connect students with each other, the university, and the larger community through a variety of social activities, professional development events, and community service.
- Rehabilitation and Human Services Club - The purpose of the RHS Club is to provide education and awareness in the Rehabilitation and Health sciences. The club promotes the involvement of PSULV students in learning about and helping communities and individuals in need.
- RISE - Unites and empowers members and students to rise up against sexual violence, abuse, trafficking, and exploitation in our community, through awareness prevention, action and aftercare. The club hosts regular education and awareness programs on campus including Walk a Mile in Her Shoes.
- Student Government Association (SGA) - Represents the student body. The organization is open to all Penn State Lehigh Valley and also includes elected representatives of both first-year students and upperclassmen. SGA focuses on areas of student services and activities, academic affairs, and physical facilities as they relate to the enhancement of student life. Annual events include Open Forums with the Chancellor, SGA Ball in November, Major in a Minute, CCSG weekends at University Park, Six Flags end of year trip and more!
- Ski & Snowboard Club - Centers around a passion for outdoor winter activities including skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing. Club members enjoy regular trips to local ski resorts and travel over breaks.
- STEM Club - Brings together all students that share an interest in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math, also known as STEM. The club provides opportunities for students to network with those who have similar interests, and participate in exciting and informative STEM activities.
- THON - Raises money to fight pediatric cancer and support the families of those battling cancer. THON is the largest student run philanthropy in the world and all fundraising efforts benefit the Four Diamonds Fund at the Hershey Medical Center, financially supporting Four Diamond families and funding research to conquer childhood cancer. The club holds several events throughout the year including a Dodgeball Tournament, Children’s Book Drive, 100 Days til THON event, and Silent Auction.
- Veteran Student Organization - Provides mutual aid, social and intellectual growth opportunities, and builds comradery for veterans and military members at Penn State Lehigh Valley. This organization is open to all Penn State Lehigh Valley veteran students.
Club and Intramural Sports
Penn State Lehigh Valley offers a number of intramural and club sports for students. Learn more about athletic clubs >>
There are many opportunities for student leaders at Penn State Lehigh Valley to develop their leadership skills. In addition to getting involved as a leader in one of the many student-run clubs and organizations, lectures, workshops, and volunteer opportunities for students are also offered throughout the academic year. Student leaders also have the opportunity to attend annual leadership conferences.
Community Service and Volunteerism
At Penn State Lehigh Valley students have the opportunity to volunteer for a variety of agencies and projects through academic classes, campus initiatives, and the Community Heroes Club.
Some examples of community service include the Women’s 5K Classic Walk/Run (a fundraiser to promote breast cancer awareness), America Reads, Martin Luther King Day of Service, KidsFest, blood drives, Habitat for Humanity, tutoring programs at local schools, and much more.
Cultural Programming and Diversity
Throughout the course of the academic year, a variety of artists, writers, scholars, and lecturers regularly visit the campus to provide students with varied cultural perspectives. Learn more about these opportunities through Office of Global Education and Inclusive Excellence >>