Involvement in activities is an important step toward reaching and enhancing students educational goals. At Penn State Lehigh Valley, our goal is to foster interpersonal and leadership skill development for your campus and career success.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Below is a list of campus clubs and organizations. We encourage you to learn more and get involved!
- Adult Learner’s Club - The purpose of the Adult Learner’s Club is to provide an interactive setting for adult learners to meet peers and mentors at Penn State Lehigh Valley. This is done by obtaining educational, financial, or career information. The members participate in wide range campus community programs and events throughout the academic year.
- Badminton Club - The purpose of the Badminton Club is to provide the opportunity for members to play the sport of badminton while developing or improving their skills and participating in many different matches.
- Blue & White Society - The mission of the Blue & White Society is to provide opportunities for Penn Staters to support the Penn State Alumni Association's mission; to support past, current, and future students and alumni of the University; to support campus communities with Penn State pride and leadership; to enhance the student experience by building relationships and connections with alumni; and to instill the concept that student involvement with the University can be and should be a lifelong commitment.
- Business Society - The mission of the Business Society is to serve has a conduit through which members can access relevant business resources by network with prominent community entrepreneurs. The society strives to enhance students’ personal career profiles.
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) - The mission of the Campus Activities Board is to enhance the Penn State Lehigh Valley student experience through planning and promoting a wide range of on-campus programs. The board is responsive to student interest with a primary goal of creating a dynamic and fun campus social environment.
- Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF) - The purpose of the Campus Christian Fellowship is to allow members to have bible study weekly. The fellowship works on learning, sharing, and reflecting their Christian faith.
- Car Club - The purpose of the Car Club is to give those who express a love for cars a way to connect and network with other students. The club loves to host events related to cars for car lovers.
- Communication Society - The mission of the Communication Society is to empower members to cultivate more meaningful and effective communication skills, practices, and beliefs. The society believes that everyone is part of an ongoing human conversation that continually shapes our social worlds. The society believes that successful communication requires critical thinking, practice, and a commitment to use communication as a means to transform society and promote community engagement. To that end; members collaborate to develop ethical communication practices; nurture applied learning skills; encourage diversity; provide service to our campus, university, the communication field and the public; and foster intellectual and professional growth in human communication, culture, and media.
- Community Heroes - The mission of the Community Heroes is to help serve and give back to the surrounding Lehigh Valley community through different service projects while building relationships and connections.
- Cycling Club - The mission of the Cycling Club is to promote opportunities for cyclists of all levels. The club members represent Penn State Lehigh Valley at the local and national competition levels. Any students who have a passion for cycling and looking for a new experience may join.
- Engineering Club - The mission of the Engineering Club is to provide an environment for members to better explore and develop in the area of Engineering. The club loves to promote learning in an open environment to all Engineering students.
- Esports Club - The purpose of the Esports Club is to allow members who share a common interest in video games to join. The club wants to share this interest with fellow students through events, gatherings, and competitions on and off campus.
- Geek Squad - The mission of the Geek Squad is to promote interest in computer science and information science and technology. The club wants to provide a place for open discussion about related topics and idea sharing among members.
- Glee Club - The purpose of the Glee Club strives to fill the halls of Penn State Lehigh Valley with music and dance. They do so by rehearsing songs together and performing at various Penn State Lehigh Valley campus events. They are committed to innovation and growth, while challenging or members to become better musicians. They cultivate teamwork, leadership, creativity, and friendship.
- Health & Human Services Society - The mission of the Health & Human Services Society is to helps students gain an understanding and appreciation for the various health care fields through volunteering services, educational trips, and guest speakers.
- Honors Society - The mission is to enrich collegiate life both on and off campus. Connecting academic minded students with one another as well as provide members with an opportunity to achieve academic success, travel opportunity, leadership experience and civil engagement.
- Lambda Pi Eta - Lambda Pi Eta is one of the 400 chapters around the country that honors scholastic achievement in the communication discipline and encourages networking and community relations among members.
- Lion Ambassadors - The mission of Lion Ambassadors is to play an important role in the admissions process. The organization wants to promote and share the positive Penn State Lehigh Valley experiences we have had with prospective students, parents, alumni, and campus visitors. Their main goal is to share our Penn State Pride and make people as excited about this University as we are.
- Math Club - The purpose of the Math Club is to provide students with opportunities for association and interaction with math students, faculty, and staff. The club intends to spread their love of mathematics.
- Psychology Club - The mission of the Psychology Club is to inspire, encourage and build a greater understanding of the field of psychology and its relevance in all aspects of life. The club provides opportunities to connect students with each other, the university, and the larger community through a variety of social activities, professional development events, and community service.
- RISE - The mission of RISE is to unite and empower members and students to rise up against sexual violence, abuse, trafficking, and exploitation in our community, through awareness prevention, action and aftercare.
- Student Government Association (SGA) - The purpose of the Student Government Association is to represent the student body. The organization is composed of elected representatives from various interest groups of both first-year students and upperclassman. Its main concerns are in the areas of student services and activities, academic affairs, and physical facilities as they relate to the enhancement of student life.
- Ski & Snowboard Club - The purpose of the Ski & Snowboard Club is centered around a passion for outdoor winter activities including skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing. If the colder temperatures and the deep snow appeal to students, they should join this organization.
- Spikeball Club - The mission of the Spikeball Club is to bring together students from all over campus to provide an opportunity to play Spikeball both with their peers and raise awareness about this ever growing sport. Spikeball is a growing sport in modern day America. It is a unique game that combines the swing of volleyball with the coordination of handball. When playing, there are teams of two both of which use great teamwork and individual skill in order to achieve victory.
- THON - The mission of THON is to raise money to fight pediatric cancer and support the families of those battling cancer. THON is the largest student run philanthropy in the world and all fundraising efforts benefit the Four Diamonds Fund at the Hershey Medical Center, financially supporting Four Diamond families and funding research to conquer childhood cancer.
- Veteran Student Organization - The purpose of the Veteran Student Organization is to provide mutual aid, social and intellectual growth opportunities, and to build comradery for veterans and military members at Penn State Lehigh Valley. This organization is open to all Penn State Lehigh Valley veteran students.
Club and Intramural Sports
Penn State Lehigh Valley offers a number of intramural and club sports for students. Learn more about athletic clubs >>
There are many opportunities for student leaders at Penn State Lehigh Valley to develop their leadership skills. In addition to getting involved as a leader in one of the many student-run clubs and organizations, lectures, workshops, and volunteer opportunities for students are also offered throughout the academic year. Student leaders also have the opportunity to attend annual leadership conferences.
Community Service and Volunteerism
At Penn State Lehigh Valley students have the opportunity to volunteer for a variety of agencies and projects through academic classes, campus initiatives, and the Community Heroes Club.
Some examples of community service include the Women’s 5K Classic Walk/Run (a fundraiser to promote breast cancer awareness), America Reads, Martin Luther King Day of Service, KidsFest, blood drives, Habitat for Humanity, tutoring programs at local schools, and much more.
Cultural Programming and Diversity
Throughout the course of the academic year, a variety of artists, writers, scholars, and lecturers regularly visit the campus to provide students with varied cultural perspectives. Learn more about these opportunities through Office of Global Education and Inclusive Excellence >>