The Penn State Lehigh Valley Advisory Board is a group of alumni, business professionals, and community individuals who serve as community liaisons in support of the Penn State Lehigh Valley campus. Within such a role, these individuals provide input into campus decisions and directions, become the link with area legislators in supporting university initiatives, and serve as the community connection in promoting University programs.
Advisory Board Expectations
- Attend and actively participate in at least four of our six board meetings each year. These meetings take place in September, November, January, March, May, and July of each year.
- Attend Penn State Lehigh Valley sponsored events during the course of the year.
- Serve a three-year term, which can be renewed twice, before rotating off the board for at least one year.
- Actively participate on at least one of the advisory board committees, generate ideas, attend meetings, offer feedback, etc.
- Provide an annual gift to Penn State Lehigh Valley of at least $500. Gifts to University Park and/or restricted funds, such as the Nittany Lion Club, do not count towards this requirement.
- Help to identify and/or solicit other potential donors (individuals, businesses, foundations) that might provide support for Penn State Lehigh Valley students and programs.
- Support Penn State Lehigh Valley students by serving as a resource in helping them to find jobs, internships, and/or by working with faculty and students to facilitate projects and experiences that support educational programs.
- Proudly represent Penn State Lehigh Valley in the community by being knowledgeable about our programs, initiatives, and opportunities to give time, talent, and financial support to the campus.
Current Penn State Lehigh Valley Advisory Board Members
Kate E. Durso, Esq., Chair
Shane C. McGee, Vice Chair, Development Committee Co-Chair
Howard L. Kulp, Immediate Past Chair, Development Committee Co-Chair
Lt. Peter V. Nickischer, Secretary
Tina Q. Richardson, Ph.D., Chancellor
Phillips M. Armstrong, M.Ed.
Andrew B. Block, M.P.A.
Christopher M. Bogden
Steven D. Butz
William P. Dadio, Jr.
Terry P. DeGroot
Bruce A. Haines
Susan D. Johnson
Prasant S. Pandey, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Andrew J. Recco
Ross C. Sotak, P.E.
Phillip W. Szymanowski
Hussam A. Yacoub, D.O., M.S.
Matthew J. Cascioli, Student Government Association President
Thomas R. Dubreuil, Director of Student Services and Student Engagement
Thomas A. Gutekunst, Student Government Association Vice President
Maryam Kiani, Ph.D., Faculty Senate Chair
Anibal Torres Bernal, Ph.D., Director of Academic Affairs