There is only one Penn State, but your degree can begin and end at any one of our 19 campuses in communities across Pennsylvania.
Choose Your Campus
An advantage to pursuing your degree at a Penn State campus is the savings. Tuition and fees are structured to be as affordable as possible to out-of-state students. Through our Discover Award, qualifying students save $6,000 per year in their first two years of their Penn State education and $7,000 per year in the third and fourth years. That's up to $26,000 in total if you start and finish your degree at one of Penn State's campuses other than University Park.
Year Over Year Savings
- Years 1 & 2 - $6,000 / academic year
- Years 3 & 4 - $7,000 / academic year
- Total savings - $26,000 / four-year value
Details and Eligibility
- Qualifying students must be first-year undergraduates and reside in one of the following states: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia as well as the District of Columbia.
- Students who start and finish their degree at one of Penn State's 19 eligible campuses may realize $26,000 in total savings.
- Students who decide to transition to the University Park campus for their third and fourth years would realize two years of significant savings toward their Penn State degree.
Penn State's network of campuses gives out-of-state students options and access—options for the type of environment where you will study and access to majors and degrees that the workforce needs most. Every Penn State campus has a distinct character. Urban or suburban, city or town, busy and big or first-name-basis small. And each has the spirit and pride that make it uniquely Penn State.
Choosing a Major
Every Penn State campus offers four-year degree options as well as a number of programs to suit any interest. Whether you decide to pursue business, healthcare, social sciences, or the visual arts, Penn State has the degree program that's right for you.
For an up-to-date listing of all Penn State majors, visit admissions.psu.edu/academics/majors
Take your next step: Applying to Penn State
By November 30: Apply for admissions and select an eligible campus as one of your campus choices.
By December 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)