Frequently Asked Questions - Admissions

How can I arrange a visit to the campus?

Please visit our admission events page to view upcoming virtual events or virtual one-on-one appointment, please contact the Admissions Office at 610-285-5035.

When should I apply?

If you’re a first-year student, we recommend applying by November.

How should I apply?

You can apply online through Penn State’s MyPennState application, the Common App, or Coalition App. Questions? Contact our Admissions team at 610-285-5035 or [email protected].

How will my student be notified about an admissions decision?

We recommend all students log back into their MyPennState account throughout the application process. Students are able to see what information Penn State is missing to complete their application as well as monitor the status of the application and receive the decision online. All students within the United States are notified through the mail regarding the outcome of the application evaluation.

Is there housing available at Penn State Lehigh Valley?

While Penn State Lehigh Valley does not offer on-campus housing, there are plenty of off-campus options available in Allentown, Bethlehem, and surrounding areas. Our partner, Places4Students, can help you search for off-campus housing and roommates, or post student sublets.

Lanta buses will have a route created by this Fall semester to take students from the South Bethlehem area around Lehigh University to our campus.  Once stops are confirmed, they will be posted on our website under the Student Life section.  For questions regarding this service, please contact the Director of Student Affairs, Tom Dubreuil, at 610-285-5021

Can I start and finish a Penn State degree at Penn State Lehigh Valley?

Yes! Our campus offers ten baccalaureate degree programs that can be started and finished entirely at Penn State Lehigh Valley.

I'm interested in doing the “2+2 Plan” by starting at Penn State Lehigh Valley and then transferring to University Park. When will the “transfer” happen?

We never use the term “transfer” to describe the process of relocating from one campus location to another. That’s because at Penn State University, every campus location is equal. Every credit earned at a campus is equal to the credits offered at University Park, and student who begin their studies at a campus location are on equal footing with their counter parts at University Park when it comes to Entrance to Major at the end of sophomore year.

At Penn State, the process of relocating from one campus to another is called Change of Campus, and this typically takes place after completing the first two years of full-time study toward a baccalaureate degree. Change of Campus requests submitted prior to the completion of two years of study are only granted in extreme cases in which the students would not be able to meet the curricular requirements of the chosen major.

Whom can I contact at Penn State Lehigh Valley to discuss services for disabilities?

Penn State is committed to providing access to a quality education for students, including those with documented disabilities. The campus disability coordinator is Linda Rumfield, she can be reached at 610-285-5124.

How do I find out if I am eligible for financial aid?

To be considered for student aid, all Penn State students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at This is the only financial aid application Penn State recommends.

If you are a first-year student, we recommend that you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1 for maximum consideration of all student aid programs.

Add this question: How can I change my residency?

If you believe you are incorrectly classified as an out-of-state student, you will need to submit a residency appeal.

My student is taking college courses with a local college/university. Will they transfer to Penn State?

A student can evaluate transfer credits he/she may have already earned or plan to earn from an accredited college or university using Penn State’s Transferring Credit Tool.

Can my student take Penn State courses while he/she is still in high school?

Yes! The Penn State Lehigh Valley Dual Enrollment Program offers high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take college courses at a 50% tuition reduction. The program enables students to get a real jump on their college careers by earning college credits while still in high school. Students may choose form a variety of Penn State course offerings during the fall, spring, or summer semesters.