- The largest pure Army ROTC Program in the country.
- Producing some of the best young officers in the military.
- Proud to be a part of the Penn State Community!
Our mission is to educate, train, develop and inspire participants to become officers and leaders of character for the United States Army and the Nation.
If you are attending or plan to attend Penn State Lehigh Valley and are interested in competing for a full tuition scholarship along with some of the best leadership training available, Army ROTC may be right for you. The Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) provides an opportunity for college students to receive practical, hands-on leadership experience. The course teaches students to develop management, communication, and decision-making skills in a nonthreatening environment. Physical training and confidence-building activities also provide a chance for students to be physically and mentally challenged. This training is ultimately designed to give the college student the necessary leadership skills and “ability to think on one’s feet” required to be an officer in the United States Army.
Being an officer in the Army means being a leader, a counselor, a mentor, a strategist, and a motivator. Officers must lead soldiers in a myriad of ever-changing situations and environments. The skills our program teaches aid in the development of successful military and corporate leaders.
To prepare prospective officers to meet these challenges, the Army ROTC program is designed to develop confident, competent, and adaptive leaders with the basic military skills and leadership foundation necessary to lead in any environment. Graduates of our program receive leadership skills that are sought after by both military and corporate leaders.
Steel Battalion Army ROTC
Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- 75% of US Army Officer Corps
- Commissions Second Lieutenants (2LT) for US Army (Active Duty, Army National Guard and US Army Reserves)
- 1 of 4 ways to commission as an Army Officer (Army ROTC, West Point, Officer Candidate School, Direct Commission)
Army ROTC is the largest grantor of college scholarships in the nation!
- Cadets must earn a degree to commission as an officer in the military
- Scholarship students must meet certain benchmarks to maintain benefits
- 1300+ Universities in the nation with Army ROTC
- Full tuition and fees (or 10K for Room and Board)
- $600 for books, per semester
- Monthly stipend - $420
- Different types of scholarships
- Active Duty (opportunity to compete)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarships
- Green-to-Gold Scholarships
- Nursing Scholarships
Penn State Lehigh Valley ROTC Benefits
- 100% tuition scholarships available
- Active duty or guaranteed reserve forces duty
- Monthly stipend while attending college $420/month
- Yearly allowance for books of $1,200 for those on scholarship
- Confidence and tools to succeed in the Army and in the civilian world
- Physical fitness and adventure training
- Potential simultaneous membership in US Army Reserves or National Guard
- Pay for attendance at training camps (i.e. Airborne, Air Assault, etc.)
- Tuition assistance in serving in US Army Reserve or National Guard
- Ability to use PA State EAP while in the program
- All uniforms and equipment provided