Some students will start at Penn State Lehigh Valley and complete their degree here. Others will complete one or two years and transition to another Penn State campus location such as University Park. We understand that this transition period is a crucial time in a student’s college career. It is important for students to make a successful transition to stay on track and to settle in at their new campus successfully. We provide the following services to assist in these matters.
If you are a student changing your assignment to another campus from Lehigh Valley and need transition assistance contact Melissa Baker, coordinator of student services, at 610-285-5217 or [email protected].
2+2 Pride Group
Transition Timeline - Steps to Take
- Check out the Pride Group on CANVAS Dashboards of our 2+2 and Division of Undergraduate Students. The Pride Group includes action steps that students need to take each semester- from first-year fall semester through the summer after sophomore year.
- This one-stop-shop includes steps from Advising, Academics, and Student Affairs.
- Students will have access to the programs and events that are designed to ease their transition in a very visible location.
- If a student will be graduating from another campus and it is not on their CANVAS Dashboard, they should contact Melissa Baker at 610-285-5217 or email at [email protected].
Change of Campus Programs
LINK UP is a university-wide program designed to help make your transition to University Park a seamless process. First-year and sophomore commonwealth campus students involved in the 2+2 program are encouraged to attend this year's Link U at University Park, Saturday, March 26, to learn about housing, student involvement, majors and careers. Students will have meetings with their academic college and receive a tour of the campus.
This is for Freshmen and Sophomores on the 2 + 2 program
If you will be graduating from University Park or another campus, or if you are considering a campus change during your Penn State undergraduate education, you are invited to attend Link UP. There are two separate tracks. One for freshmen and one for sophomores; each focusing on what is most important to their transition.
Link UP provides an opportunity to:
- visit the University Park campus
- learn more about the change-of-campus process
- meet with representatives of your academic college
- learn about campus resources
- begin to understand the advance planning and timing necessary for a successful transition to a different campus
- discover which Penn State campuses offer your intended major
- meet other potential change-of-campus students
Penn State Lehigh Valley will provide a 50 passenger coach bus to travel to University Park. It is $5.00 to reserve a seat and spaces are limited. Sign up's are on a first-come, first-serve basis. A continental breakfast, lunch, and all sessions are included once you arrive at University Park at no cost. Space is limited and a reservation is required.
Date: Saturday, March 26
Time: Departure from campus: 6:45 a.m.
Check-in and breakfast: 9:00–10:00 a.m.
Welcome and presentations: 10:00 a.m.