Each year Penn State welcomes transfer students whose experience and maturity are a valuable addition to our campus life. Penn State defines a transfer student as:
- Any student who has attended a college or university following graduation from high school (or obtaining a GED).
- Any student who has attempted or completed18 or more college credits at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State.
Admissions decisions for transfer students are based on:
- Strength and quality of college record(s)
- Cumulative College GPA
- Minimum GPA for University Park: 2.5
- Minimum GPA for other campuses: 2.0
- Submission of a completed Penn State application