The Arts Project at Penn State Lehigh Valley allows interested community members to take non-credit arts classes in various areas and at various levels.
Digital Storytelling: Creating Virtual Content Using Free Resources (virtual class on Zoom)
Instructor: Elise Schaffer
Dates: February 1–March 15 (7 classes)
Time: Mondays 1:00–2:00 p.m.
Class tuition: $110
This course serves as an introduction to virtual tours that can be created with free online resources including Google Tour Creator, Google Street View, Canva, and more. In this course, students will learn how to:
- take a 360˚ photo with a smartphone
- use virtual tours for marketing, documentation and archives, accessibility, and educational purposes
- build their own virtual tour using Google Tour Creator
- create graphic content with Canva.
NEW Introduction to Adobe Photoshop and Image editing (virtual class on Zoom)
Instructor: Christina Galbiati
Dates: February 26–April 2 (6 classes)
Time: Fridays 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Class tuition: $175
This course serves as introduction to Adobe Photoshop, and will also include some advanced processes of image editing, for a variety of uses and formats.
In this course, students will learn:
- Technical formats for both digital/online and printed images.
- Stock photography usage rights for marketing and publications
- How to retouch, restore, and colorize images (black & white vintage effect)
- Advanced photo manipulation (merge/collage) for creative uses
- How to create an animated gif (time-based media)
Students will also explore historical and contemporary examples in graphic design, as well as digital printing options. No prior program experience; all levels welcome. Either PC or MAC computer platform. (Note: this course is the computer review of Photoshop, not iPad/App). This course will include twelve hours of instruction via Zoom and require preparatory work outside of class.
Advanced Metals and Jewelry Making (in person classroom 301)
Instructor: Ann Lalik
Dates: February 16–May 4 (12 classes)
Time: Tuesdays 10:00 a.m.–noon
Class tuition: $350
This class is designed for students who are familiar with the basics of metalsmithing and jewelry making, Students will develop individual ideas and explore new concepts.
This class will meet in person and is limited to 8 students to comply with CDC and PSU social distancing guidelines. All students are required to wear a mask.
Please note: There is a 10% discount for senior citizens and Penn State Lehigh Valley employees. Call 610-285-5261 for the associated discount code.