If you’d like to apply to the Practical Nursing program at Penn State Lehigh Valley, please complete the following steps.
Questions? Contact Heather Clark at [email protected]
Register to take the ATI TEAS exam required to apply to the Practical Nursing program.
Please note: ATI charges a test fee payable at registration that is non-refundable and non-transferrable. Be sure to add Penn State Lehigh Valley as your school of choice.
ATI TEAS Test Locations:
To test remotely, you must have:
- A reliable internet connection (review additional system requirements)
- A desktop or laptop computer with a remote camera and speaker capabilities
- Access to Google Chrome web browser
- A quiet room where you are free from distraction and interruption for approximately 4 hours
After successfully meeting the TEAS exam criteria, you will be invited to apply and interview for admission to the Practical Nursing program. Use this PN Application Checklist to keep track of the items you need to submit to be considered for the program, including:
In addition to the application, please provide:
- $75 non-refundable application fee (check or money order payable to Penn State University)
- Official Transcripts – Your official high school or GED transcript with a record of courses completed. If you have earned college credit, you will also be required to provide an official transcript from each college attended.
- Two letters of professional reference
- One-page personal essay describing your desire to become a nurse
Mail application materials to:
Penn State Lehigh Valley
Attn: Heather Clark
2809 Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034
Note: After the TEAS is successfully completed and required application materials (above) are received, interviews will be scheduled.
Acceptance into the program is based on academic capacity and aptitude to provide care to others. Academic capacity is measured by High School GPA, number of college credits earned and TEAS score. Aptitude to provide care is measured by personal essay, letters of professional reference and personal interviewing skills.
When offered admission into the Practical Nursing program, you will be required to complete the following within six months of the program start. Please know, assistance with this process, including help obtaining and recording the following required documentation in a secure platform, is available:
- Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and background check
- Drug test
- Proof of valid health insurance coverage
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Physical examination
- Medical documents verifying student is current with their Influenza, COVID-19, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, TB Skin Test and Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap) immunizations
* Penn State Practical Nursing Program will not discriminate in the acceptance process due to a criminal history; however, anyone with a positive criminal background check (felony or misdemeanor) may be accepted into the program PENDING clinical facility placement. If clinical facilities deny a student access to their facility for clinical experiences, the student will not be able to progress through the program and, therefore, acceptance will be denied. In addition, the Penn State Practical Nursing program cannot guarantee that candidates with a positive criminal background will be eligible to obtain licensure per PA State Laws (“The Professional Nursing Law” Act 69, P.L. 409, No. 10, and P.L 233, No. 64; Older Adults Protective Services Act, Act 169 as amended by Act 13, P.L. 233, and No. 64).