Congratulations on receiving scholarship support!
Your scholarship was made possible by generous donors who are proud to support you in your future endeavors. They give to help deserving students like you realize your potential. A well-written thank you acknowledgement is an important way to express gratitude for the funding you have received and gives the donor the opportunity to learn about you.
Please complete the Scholarship Thank You form to express gratitude to your scholarship donor(s). Once completed, a letter will be generated with your responses. If you received multiple scholarships, you only need to complete the form once.
All responses must be submitted on the form above. To help you prepare, it’s suggested that you write your responses in Microsoft Word where you’ll be able to take your time and spell check your document. Once you’re ready, you can copy and paste your replies into the form. The prompts in the form are listed below.
- Hometown (City, State)
- Class Year
- The name of the scholarship(s) you received. *This can be found in LionPath.
- Why did you choose Penn State?
- How did you become interested in your major or what major are you interested in?
- How do you hope to contribute to the field or degree you are majoring/interested in?
- How has scholarship support impacted you and your family and what has receiving this support allowed you to do, whether on campus or at home?
- What student organizations, sports, and or/community service have you been involved in during the past year or hope to participate in this year? Are you serving in any leadership roles?
- What, if any, unique life experiences do you bring to your education? (Optional)
- Talk about opportunities you hope to pursue at Penn State Lehigh Valley and beyond.
- Who or what do you aspire to be? What do you admire about your role models and in what ways are you trying to adopt the characteristics you admire?
- Please write a short paragraph thanking your donor(s) and express any additional gratitude you have for this scholarship. (At least 4-5 sentences).
- Photo upload. The first photo is required and should be a headshot (try to refrain from selfies and group shots). A second photo is optional but encouraged. This can be a photo that gives the donor a better sense of who you are.