Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023
Time: 10:30 a.m.
Place: Penn State Lehigh Valley, outdoor ceremony (rain or shine)
The Commencement Ceremony begins punctually at 10:30 a.m. with a reception to follow for all in attendance.
Commencement is a time of celebration and reflection. Come to the ceremony with these thoughts in mind and help to make this a special occasion for you, your fellow graduates, and for the community of family and friends who gather to join in the celebration. Please honor the significance and the dignity of the occasion. Remember to turn off cell phones and other electronic devices, and please keep in mind this a rain or shine event. (There is no rehearsal.)
- GRADUATES must arrive by 9:45 a.m. and report to student check-in at the main entrance of the building. Please note that a group graduation photograph will be taken prior to the procession, please arrive promptly to ensure that all graduates are in the photo.
- Guest check-in will begin at 9:45 a.m. Tickets will be required for each guest who will be attending the ceremony. Each graduate will receive six guest tickets which can be picked up at the Penn State Lehigh Valley Grad Fair to be held on April 10 from 4:00–7:00 p.m. in Centre Hall or April 13, 2023 in the Welcome Center from 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. Guests will not be admitted without a ticket. There are no reserved seats. Seating is first come, first serve basis. Family and friends who hope to sit together should plan to arrive together. Guests will not be permitted to save seats for others in their party.
- The Pennsylvania State University encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Sandy Kile at [email protected] by April 21.
- COVID Protocols: Attendance at any public event involves certain unavoidable risks such as exposure to or infection by transmissible diseases, viruses, and other illnesses (including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and its variants). Your presence at events or programs hosted by The Pennsylvania State University indicates your assumption of any and all such risk as well as your agreement to adhere to all University policies including, but not limited to, those intended to mitigate the spread of transmissible illnesses. As a member of our community or guest, it is your responsibility to practice basic health, safety, and sanitation measures. The University prohibits your attendance if you are symptomatic of any commonly spread transmissible illness.
Digital strategist, entrepreneur, and 2015 Penn State alumnus
Fofanah is the Chief Executive Officer of House of Fofanah, a Miami-based education brand aimed at developing technology-focused solutions to help brands monetize their online communities. Among his many successes, Power Your Launch, a virtual marketing accelerator that Fofanah introduced in 2019 and quickly grew to become the largest of its kind, has helped more than 10,000 entrepreneurs and business owners learn to market, market online, and ultimately – sell.
Fofanah's expertise has also led to him being a sought-after speaker and educator at institutions such as Harvard Business School, the University of Pennsylvania, and other Fortune 500 companies. Before creating his own company, the marketing expert worked at a prominent digital marketing agency creating campaigns that generated millions in visibility and sales.
Fofanah is on a mission to empower brands through skill-building and wants to help more than 1,000,000 entrepreneurs and business owners over the next five years. Learn more and follow his professional journey, or follow the influencer on social media.
instagram: @abufofanah twitter: theabufofanah
- In observance of tradition, all participants in the commencement ceremony will wear full academic regalia, consisting of a traditional gown and mortarboard with tassel positioned on the right front edge.
- Cap and gown may be purchased (cost is $57 plus tax) and picked up during one of our Graduation Fairs from the Penn State Lehigh Valley Bookstore. Graduates must attend one of the following Graduation Fair dates either April 10, 2023, from 4:00–7:00 p.m. in Centre Hall or April 13, 2023, from 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. in the Welcome Center.
- Due to the formality of this occasion and weather & safety concerns, please wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Please, remember to steam your gown before commencement to remove wrinkles from packaging.
- Distinction cords will be distributed upon graduate check-in, if applicable.
- Link to or photo of regalia
Photography & Videography
- Our photographer will be taking various candid shots before, during, and after the ceremony which will be posted on the PSU-LV Facebook and Instagram pages: (IG: pennstatelehighvalley). To access, simply follow our pages and feel free to save to your personal device.
- Guests are welcome to bring any hand-held photo and video device that can be used from their seats.
Diplomas & Transcripts
- You will receive a diploma folder on the day of commencement. Your actual diploma will be mailed approx. 4 weeks following commencement. If you did not verify the name to be printed on your diploma via LionPATH, you may verify that information with the campus registrar's office.
- The official transcript is the University's official statement of your academic record. It lists all courses completed, all grades earned, and the semester in which they were received. It also contains notations of distinctions, minors, options, certificates, and degree received. It is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the University seal and signature of the University Registrar.
- The degree conferral (completion) message will appear on the transcript May 16, 2023
- Information on ordering official transcripts is available on the University website.
Registrar Contact Information
610-285-5057 | [email protected]
610-285-5230 | [email protected]
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.