Congratulations! You’re almost there. To prepare for your graduation ceremony from Penn State Lehigh Valley, please follow the timeline and take each of the necessary steps below:
Important Dates for Spring 2023 Graduates
- January 2, 2023 - Intent to Graduate available in LionPATH
- January 23, 2023 - Deadline to file Intent to Graduate in LionPATH (If you are intending on completing all degree requirements in current term but did not file your intent to graduate by the deadline in LionPATH, please contact [email protected] )
- March 8, 2023 - Deadline for Updating Diploma Name in LionPATH
- April 7, 2023 - Deadline to Declare Concurrent Majors in addition to Adding a Minor or Certificate to your academic record
- April 10 & 13, 2023 - Graduation Fair
Graduates MUST attend one of the following on-campus fair dates:
April 10, 2023; 4:00–7:00 p.m. in Centre Hall
April 13, 2023; 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. in the Welcome Center
(Tickets, Cap and Gown, Financial Aid Exit Interview, Career Survey, Alumni Information)
- April 22, 2023 - Senior Send-Off Tailgate, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., on campus
- May 6, 2023 - Penn State Lehigh Valley Commencement, 10:30 a.m.
Steps to Graduate
Meet with your Adviser
- Use LionPATH to request a current degree audit and review it with your Academic Adviser in the semester prior to your intended graduation date.(Please note: if you are missing course, credit, or grade requirement, or have deferred grades, you will NOT be able to graduate. Please plan accordingly.)
- Be sure to address any Holds. You can find holds in your Communication Center in LionPATH.
- Check your Bursar account. Any unpaid charges may delay receipt of your diploma and/or official transcript. Access your Finances/Student Account Statement in LionPATH.
Transfer Your Credits
- Students must submit transferred credits and accompanying official documents from other institutions to the Admissions Office. These documents must be received at least 30 days prior to the semester in which the student expects to graduate. Exceptions to this deadline must be approved by the college.
- If you have completed college courses at another institution prior to your last semester at Penn State and would like those courses to be counted toward your degree requirements, please have official transcripts sent to the address below prior to the start of your last semester:
Attn: Undergraduate Admissions
2809 Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034
Email: [email protected]
Check your Address
You will receive important graduation information in the mail which is why it is so important that your permanent address is up to date. To verify address information on LionPATH, simply select the “My Information tab” and make any necessary updates.
Verify Diploma Name
The student name is printed on a diploma as it appears in the diploma name field in the "Graduation Status" section of LionPATH.
If you missed the activation deadline for your intended semester of graduation, you must contact the Graduation Coordinator in the Lehigh Valley Registrar’s Office, Danyell Fondl at [email protected].
Registrar Contact Information
610-285-5057 | [email protected]
610-285-5230 | [email protected]
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.