This seven-week certificate program will explore the various processes, capabilities, and good practices in the building and running of PMOs. Throughout the training, we will discuss multiple cases, review many of the good practices for both traditional PMOs and the recently evolving Agile PMOs. Participants are encouraged to discuss and share their experiences. The course will also provide selective tools and templates.
A digital badge will be awarded upon completion. Badges can be digitally displayed anywhere to recognize attaining a new level of knowledge.
Schedule (Remote via Zoom)
PJMGT 5021: 7 sessions, 21 hours (21 PDUs)
Dates: April 24–June 5
Time: Wednesdays, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Cost: $795 ($100 discount if registered by April 17)
The key objectives of this course are:
- Understand the key strategic drivers that underpins the required support for PMOs
- Evaluate the strategic alignment to ensure continual linkages between the PMO and the organization strategy
The following exercises will be conducted to provide hands-on applications including:
- Create or validate vision for the PMO
- Evaluate PMO stakeholders
- Facilitate solutioning
- Identify and prioritize key processes and capabilities (aligned with the strategy)
- Develop (high level) steps to implement or enhance PMO capabilities
- Provide a detailed introduction of PMOs, including the types of PMOs and their challenges, steps to build and operate PMOs, and words of wisdom for PMO professionals
- Explain PMO and its key capabilities (about 20+) and its maturity scale
- Highlight the key roles and associated skills required for the successful operations of the PMO
- Demonstrate the use of a simple tool to evaluate your PMO and develop a high-level roadmap to enhance the capability of your PMO
Who Should Attend?
Project professionals working with PMOs:
- Project Managers (IT or non-IT)
- PMO managers and team members
- Project team members for all projects
- Business Analysts, Customers, and Project Leaders who want to learn more about a PMO
Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are awarded based on a standard of one unit per ten (10) hours of classroom contact.
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.