What is the Academic Success Coaching Program?
The Academic Success Coaching program pairs you with an Academic Success Coach who is a faculty member, staff member or student peer interested in helping you be successful at Penn State. Your Academic Success Coach will mentor you through one-on-one meetings to support you in your pursuit for academic excellence.
How do I know if Academic Success Coaching is right for me?
You may want to consider Academic Success Coaching if you...
- Want to raise your GPA
- Are having difficulty with the transition from high school to college
- Need to improve on study skills
- Want to find a better way to schedule classes/work/etc.
- Are feeling overwhelmed with balancing commitments
- Want to stop procrastinating and find motivation
- Are falling behind in classes and need help getting back on track
What can I expect of my Academic Success Coaching Meetings?
- Reflecting on previous semesters
- Receiving honest and appropriate feedback from your coach
- Identifying and enhancing academic strengths
- Developing strategies for overcoming academic obstacles
- Learning and applying academic skills essential for academic success such as time management, study skills, and test preparation
- Developing short and long term goals related to academic success
- Learning self-discipline, self-motivation and self-efficacy
How do I sign-up for Academic Success Coaching?
If you are interested in having the opportunity to work with an Academic Success Coach, or you would like more information on the program, please contact Nicole Hallowell, Academic Adviser, Retention Coordinator, at 610-285-5268, [email protected] or stop in room 103.