- Get your college career off to a successful start in a more relaxed summer setting
- Become familiar with the faculty and staff and learn about resources available to support your learning
- Meet classmates earlier and develop a new group of friends
- Build your résumé early by getting work experience and earning up to $1,000 in engagement funds
- Receive personalized instruction in math to increase your college readiness
- PaSSS lasts six weeks during the summer prior to your first year at Penn State.
- The 2022 program runs from Wednesday, June 29 – Friday, August 12, 2022 (Summer Session 2).
- If you successfully complete your first full year at Penn State, you will be eligible to continue the PaSSS program and earn additional scholarship funds to take classes in your second and third summers of enrollment at a Commonwealth campus.
- You will take six credits (two courses) during the first summer and up to twelve credits (four courses) during the following two summer(s).
- You can earn engagement funds for working on campus, for engaging in research with a faculty member, or to earn a stipend for an unpaid internship or community or service-learning service project.
- You will be paired with a peer mentor who will assist with the transition to college; in the second summer, you can become a student-mentor to assist new PaSSS students.