January 16 – February 11, 2012
About the Exhibit...
In 1912, Penn State Lehigh Valley, then known as the Allentown Extension, opened its doors as one of the first permanent technical centers of The Pennsylvania State University, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously-running campus outside of University Park. While the campus name and location have changed over the years, its mission has not – still emphasizing Penn State's original land-grant institution mission of offering lifelong learning opportunities to the community.
This new exhibit will chronicle the campus' history through artifacts that depict, among other things, its early days as an engineering extension, its support of training women for the war effort during WWII, and examples of student life throughout the last century.